The Step Forward project is for women who want to develop the skills, experience and confidence necessary to move into training, education, volunteering or employment.
Step Forward provides women with a holistic package of support and learning opportunities based on their personal ambitions and priorities, supporting a stronger and brighter future!
My Sisters’ House CIC is a grassroots organisation set up by a group of local women. We opened the first drop in during May of 2015 and we are the only Women's Centre in West Sussex.
Our vision is that women, and their families, in the communities we serve are able to achieve their potential, develop their assets and skills and live safe, healthy and prosperous lives.
We aim to ensure our services meet women’s needs - by championing the value of a gender specific approach in our delivery and as a primary route to achieving better outcomes for those we work with.
The Step Forward project is funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund.
* The client must have the right to live and work in the UK
* The client must be unemployed or economically inactive
The Step Forward Project compliments existing services available within My Sisters House by providing an innovative program designed to support women move forward in life.
The overarching aim is to strengthen communities and build safe, inclusive environments in which confidence, the development of resilience, motivation and self-esteem can be built.
All our sessions are person centred, informative yet enjoyable, with up to date and relevant information that’s proven to secure success.
Interview Techniques: Feel confident and prepared for any interview.
Application Forms: Application forms can seem daunting until you attend our application form sessions.
Cover Letters: We offer support and guidance on how to ensure your cover letter is tailored and effective to secure you that interview!
CV Writing: We will support you in creating a CV, unique and individual to you. This session will boost your motivation and self-confidence too.
Hidden Job Market: Learn about where else you can find work as well as gaining motivation on attaining that perfect job for you!
Motivation 4 Change: Need some motivation or self-confidence? Stuck in a rut? Need the motivation to make a change?Feeling like you need to find yourself again, or just want some positive reinforcement? ... This is the session for you, learn about yourself, test your unhelpful thinking patterns and beliefs, and make positive changes for the better!
Our aim is to provide a safe, nonjudgemental and professional environment.
* To support you through the process of identifying your aims and ambitions
* To assist you to develop a personalised pathway to your goals
* To enable and empower you to achieve your identified aims
* To work in partnership with you, following a woman centred approach
* To provide you with a holistic range of opportunities such as training, workshops, practical advice and experience, 1-2-1 coaching, introductions to peer support networks etc.
* To treat you as an individual, with honesty, professionalism and integrity